Non-NHS services

Non-NHS Work

The NHS does not pay for some of the services we provide; these include private sick notes, insurance forms, holiday cancellation forms, medical reports, fitness to travel certificates, private prescriptions and some vaccination services.

Our fees for these services are displayed in the surgery.

Medical reports / GP letters protocol

  1. This is not NHS work. A fee will be payable.
  2. This applies to housing letters, DSS letters on PIP/ESA or other claims, student deferments due to sicknesscertificates of fitness (for marathons, flying other activities etc), taxi and HGV medicalsDVLA assessments, criminal injury compensation board claims, insurance medicals and others.
  4. Provide a written request to reception. You may also email your request to [email protected]. Provide as much information as possible including any relevant dates.
  5. A member of our reception team will then contact you back on the next steps. That person will advise you what the fee is, and whether or not you will need an appointment with the GP.
  6. The GP may not be able to assist you with your request. If that is the case, we may advise you to see a private doctor or other specialist. We will provide you with a brief medical summary. This will help them complete the report/form for you.

Click here for information about medical sick notes