Stroud Green Medical Clinic

020 7272 4323

Phone lines are open until 6.30pm

Complaints and compliments

We take complaints very seriously.

We will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days of receiving the complaint, and aim to have looked into the matter within 21 working days. You may then receive a formal reply in writing, or you may be invited to meet with the person(s) concerned to attempt to resolve the issue.

If you would like to make a complaint regarding the surgery or the services we offer, please write or email the Assistant Practice Manager: Ms Amy Cox email: [email protected]

You can use the same process to leave a compliment regarding your experience at the GP surgery.

Stroud Green Medical Clinic
181 Stroud Green
N4 3PZ

If you don’t feel comfortable complaining to your GP practice, you can complain directly to NHS England instead however you cannot complain to both.

When you complain to your GP practice you start a two way conversation. However, when you complain to NHS England the process is more formal. You will probably only get one chance to put your case. Make sure you give them all the relevant information. They will then need to contact the GP practice to investigate.

Email [email protected]

Write to NHS England, PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT

Telephone 0300 311 22 33

Support making your complaint

If you need support to make a complaint you can contact NHS Complaints Advocacy at VoiceAbility. They can provide you with an advocate; a person who will help you to complain. Your advocate will:

  • ensure that you understand your options
  • help you to achieve the outcome you are seeking

You can ask for an advocate to assist you at any point in your complaint. If you would like an advocate to work with you, contact VoiceAbility’s NHS complaints helpline:

Telephone 0300 330 5454

Textphone 0786 002 2939

Website has resources to support you to make a complaint by yourself. These are available in a range of languages, as well as Easy Read and large print formats.

Parliamentary and health service ombudsman

If you’re unhappy with the result of your complaint you can appeal to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. This cannot be your first port of call. You must first complain to either the GP practice or to NHS England. The Ombudsman can only help if the GP practice or NHS England have finished looking at your complaint or your complaint has not been sorted out after 6 months

Telephone 0345 015 4033

Email [email protected]


By law you need to contact the Ombudsman within a year of the incident you are complaining about. If it was more than a year ago they may still be able to help if there were good reasons for the delay.

Healthwatch Islington

If you are happy with the service at your GP practice, but would like to complain about another health or social care service you use, contact Healthwatch Islington. Healthwatch Islington will let you know who you need to contact in order to make a complaint (or to leave positive feedback) about other services in the borough, for example dentists, pharmacies, opticians, hospitals, mental health services, care homes, day centres, and out of hours services.

Telephone 020 7832 5828

Email: [email protected]


Address: Healthwatch Islington, 200a Pentonville Road, London N1 9JP