Complaints & Suggestions

Stroud Green Medical Clinic aims to provide patients with the best possible care at all times.

We value and welcome your feedback. Therefore if you have any compliments, comments, concerns or complaints about our Practice we want to hear them.

If you would like to give feedback or make a complaint this can be through any of the following methods: requesting a form from reception, emailing: [email protected] or you can call the practice on 020 7272 4323.

In all cases, complaints will be dealt with as swiftly and as fairly as possible.

We will acknowledge receipt of a complaint within three working days and a response letter with the outcome of our investigation will be sent within 20 working days. If we are unable to complete our investigation within this period, we will agree an alternative timeframe with you.

From 1 July 2023 the way members of the public make a complaint about primary care services to the commissioner is changing.

By primary care services we mean GPs, dentists, opticians or pharmacy services.

There are two ways you can make a complaint:

You can complain to the GP Practice (on the above contact details)


You can complain to the commissioner of the service: this is the organisation that paid for the service or care you received.

After 1 July 2023 if you want to make a complaint about primary care services to the commissioner you will need to contact North Central London Integrated Care Board instead of NHS England.

You can do this by:

Telephone: 020 3198 9743

E-mail: [email protected]

Post: North Central London Integrated Care Board

Complaints Team

Laycock PDC

Laycock Street


N1 1TH

If you have a formal complaint to make, it is always advisable to try and resolve an issue directly with the provider in the first instance.

You have the right to make a complaint about any aspect of NHS care, treatment or service, and this is written into the NHS Constitution on GOV.UK.

Find out more about how to feedback or make a complaint about an NHS service.

Where to go for further independent advice:

We hope that if you have a problem, you will use our practice complaint procedure. We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice. However, this does not affect your right to approach an independent advisor if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us, or you are unhappy with the results of the investigation.

What if you’re still not happy?

If you’re unhappy with the result of your complaint you can appeal to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman. This cannot be your first port of call. You must first complain to either the GP Practice or to NHS England. The Ombudsman can only help if;

  1. The GP Practice or NHS England have finished looking at your complaint
  2. Or your complaint has not been resolved after 6 months

Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman

By law you need to contact the Ombudsman within a year of the incident you are complaining about.